This is a pointless exercise.
by SorinBasement (2022-11-28 18:31:07)

In reply to: Are you on drugs?  posted by ND74KJS

After all of those years with Kelly, it’s clear that he was never going to take the program where anyone with any historic knowledge wants it to be. He was going to keep it in purgatory, while behaving like a horse’s ass that has no appreciation for what this place is all about. I couldn’t be happier to see him gone.

We’re not sure yet what we have in Marcus Freeman as a head football coach, but we know he’ll work his tail off to be the best he can be, and we know he gets this place. I would much rather travel down an occasionally bumpy road with Freeman, whose ceiling I truly believe is higher than Kelly’s, than spend any more time spinning our wheels with a head coach who is content winning most of the time while offering excuses why he can’t win more.

Perfectly summarized. *
by TJK1998  (2022-11-29 09:38:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agreed. Can you imagine Freeman blaming a loss on Kelly’s
by ACross  (2022-11-28 19:52:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Players, promising results when he gets his own guys?

Can you imagine Freeman doing this during...
by Revue Party  (2022-11-29 12:04:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...next season's opener?

"These are the guys we have."
by BeastOfBourbon  (2022-11-28 21:19:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Famously spoken by Brian Kelly after embarrassing losses at both Notre Dame and LSU. And for all we know, at Cincinnati, Central Michigan, and GVSU, too.

You really don't need to know much more than that about the difference between him and Marcus Freeman.

Amen. *
by Moff  (2022-11-28 19:47:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post