I hope so but I thought the same about Prince Kollie
by Jvan (2022-11-28 22:26:26)

In reply to: Drayek Bowen ('23) likely to be a factor at LB as well  posted by Mr.Wendal

Kollie won the high school version of the Butkus Award. He will be entering his third year in the program and probably still won't be a starter.

At what point do we determine that Kollie's lack of playing
by Camarillo Brillo  (2022-11-29 06:39:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

time is either a result of him "not getting the defense" or a bad decision by the coaches to no play him?

It’s obviously coaching.
by NDMike2001  (2022-11-29 08:54:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think a case could have been made a few games ago. But you cannot convince me that Kollie (or Sneed) was incapable of a few snaps where our LB was making a relatively undisguised blitz into an OL.

Or CB was perfectly willing to let Mickey get roasted on man coverage throughout the season. Presumably in hopes that he’d turn a corner. I’m not sure why Kollie (or any other young LB for that matter) was not given the same opportunity.

I am inclined to agree
by Vairish84  (2022-11-29 13:24:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If all you are going to do is Blitz Bertrand and Liufau into the OL, and essentially play with 9, why not play Kollie, perhaps he could get through, and then put Sneed in as a spy on Williams. He was faster than any of the guys out there in the front 7 and had the size to bring Williams down.