Where were you on 11/29/2021?...
by Kbyrnes (2022-11-29 01:04:00)
Edited on 2022-11-29 01:19:01

Hoping it wasn't a re-occurrence of 4/1/2021
by SixShutouts66  (2022-11-30 00:00:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Having fallen for Sydd Finch, I'm wary of good news now

Coaching a U12 basketball game. My phone started blowing up* *
by FISHER97  (2022-11-29 18:39:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Singing about Jeremiah the bullfrog.
by cmhirish  (2022-11-29 18:24:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who knows, we still blow goats *
by Iowa Pre-Flight  (2022-11-29 17:56:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

takin a crap *
by 84david  (2022-11-29 17:04:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All day? Lay off the bran. *
by PWK2  (2022-11-29 17:23:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

today, we celebrate OUR INDEPENDENCE DAY! *
by jt  (2022-11-29 15:26:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What a great day that was *
by IrishLep  (2022-11-29 15:14:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In a hotel in Charlotte, NDN wouldn’t load.
by cujays96  (2022-11-29 14:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Then I saw the news elsewhere and understood why.

I don’t know if “joy” was the right word. But there was certainly no despair.

Worrying that the lazy, self-satisfied dimwit who enabled...
by GeronimoRumplestiltskin  (2022-11-29 13:12:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...him up for 12 years was going to be hiring his replacement.

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while: With a better OC, Freeman has the potential to be an NC winning coach.

I was thinking, "Man, I gotta get some more of that Owsley
by BeastOfBourbon  (2022-11-29 13:00:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

acid because this is one hellava fucking great hallucination I'm having!"

Then I listened to Kid Charlemagne on a loop until I passed out.

11 years was way too long a strange and very bad trip. *
by Newt  (2022-11-29 19:01:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is there gas in the car
by RJD  (2022-11-29 13:22:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, there's gas in the car
I think the people down the hall
Know who you are

Bittersweet losing a true inspirational leader.
by irishintheville  (2022-11-29 12:47:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on Cloud 9 after hearing the news *
by tenordrum75  (2022-11-29 12:38:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At Disneyworld *
by ndgenius  (2022-11-29 12:29:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What do you suppose ever happened to the funding
by nostraDONus  (2022-11-29 12:05:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that Swarbrick had set aside for Kelly's statue?

Right here, soaking it all up, enjoying the party! *
by Boomer80  (2022-11-29 12:02:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wondering who was a bigger fool than ND?
by mkovac  (2022-11-29 12:02:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I heard the news today, oh boy!

Wishing I was at ND so I could light a candle at...
by Fresno MIke  (2022-11-29 10:35:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...the Grotto for the LSU AD. We are forever in his debt ;).

A great day.
by daviehamsufferer97  (2022-11-29 10:27:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Our purple faced nightmare was finally over.

Illegally texting my joy to other followers *
by enginerd194  (2022-11-29 10:23:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

HUZZAH!!! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2022-11-29 10:19:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Assuming another identity on NDN after board meltdown. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2022-11-29 09:38:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thought it was initially Sasquatch messing with us
by Frank Drebin  (2022-11-29 09:26:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which I am sure was the normal initial reaction for most of us on NDN

Hawaii *
by NDCuse  (2022-11-29 09:25:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I flew back in from Hawaii. I had my wife drive
by ryND  (2022-11-29 10:11:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Us home so I could read the message board leaks. Wonderful day.

They paid us to be rid of him
by actionman  (2022-11-29 09:24:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That was a great day.

No future visits back to campus
No statue (you know Jack had designs on one)
No more debate with deluded Kellylover alums

We are rid of his poison. And we got paid for it.

We only had to suffer through one full Chinese Zodiac. *
by IrishGeek  (2022-11-29 17:57:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was celebrating family birthdays
by doghoused  (2022-11-29 09:16:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mine on 11/30 and my daughter's on 11/29. While she was the best birthday present ever 21 years ago, last year was pretty damn good.

I specifically recall immediately trolling my LSU friends.

I was sitting on a picnic table in an ice rink…
by IrishGeek  (2022-11-29 09:15:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At my son’s hockey practice. I received texts from friends and I think my Dad linking stories that he was leaving. I was excited but initially in denial, worried it was too good to be true. I think I followed that same thread from a year ago and when Thamel confirmed I was thrilled. Felt great.

Pretty much the same here.
by bc_nd  (2022-11-29 11:08:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Another parent mentioned it and I had a stupid grin the rest of the night...and probably longer.

How optimistic were you after Lou's first season?
by NJDoubleDomer  (2022-11-29 09:14:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Feels very familiar to Marcus Year 1.

Pretty optimistic...
by NDde  (2022-11-30 04:38:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't forget how tough the schedule was in 1986. We took Michigan, LSU, and (eventual National Champion) Penn State down to the wire. The toughness and discipline were back. Holtz took over a talented but mentally weak team. He changed the culture practically overnight.

Also, don't forget that Holtz had already proven himself to be a very good head coach when we hired him. He was about 15 years older than Freeman is now and (understandably) knew a lot more about assembling a coaching staff, game planning/preparation, developing an offensive identity, motivation, etc. than Freeman does at this point.

There is plenty to like about Freeman, but there are still a lot more unknowns about him than there were about Holtz after year 1 at ND.

I was crushed.
by Revue Party  (2022-11-29 12:11:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As a senior, I stumbled out of the stadium after the Penn State loss knowing that the team was going to win a National Championship shortly after I left. The close game with LSU and the USC win only further fueled that optimism.

I'm not sure if I have that same unbridled optimism about the future now. But I am supremely confident that we've hired the best man to roam those sidelines in 26 years.

After we came back and beat SC - felt that the program was
by NH74DOMER  (2022-11-29 09:23:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

going to be ok. I don’t have that same feeling yet with Freeman. Every time Lou is mentioned, I’m reminded how much prior experience he had coming into the position which he relied on during his time at ND.

Yes. I felt much more optimistic after Lou's first year than
by Dan93  (2022-11-29 09:36:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I do now. I'm glad Kelly is gone and Freeman is very likeable. However the OC situation and Freeman's lack of experience as a head coach still leaves me feeling there is a good chance he won't bring the level of success we want.

Best day for ND Football in over a decade. *
by Jurassic  (2022-11-29 09:10:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was driving home from work. I looked down and saw
by lespaulkevin  (2022-11-29 08:57:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

my phone blowing up from friends advising me that Kelly was finally gone.

I pulled off the road and screamed very loud in my car for several minutes in excitement. After I gathered myself, I called my friend who was a Kelly-lover and told him to eat shit.

Then I came home and drank several glasses of scotch to toast the occasion while gleefully scrolling through Rock's House. Amazing day.

I like this guy *
by IrishLep  (2022-11-29 15:15:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

great post.
by mkovac  (2022-11-29 15:09:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

However, it might be time to review your favorite quote by an ND coach in your profile.

Kelly is a huge penis.

We need more right-thinking Americans like you. *
by PWK2  (2022-11-29 11:49:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Post more often. This is inspirational! *
by drmurray  (2022-11-29 09:29:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seriously. I reread this 5 times again today and it still
by drmurray  (2022-11-29 13:13:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

rocks! Well done.

I got about 3 hours of sleep last night...
by potatohouse  (2022-11-29 09:23:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but this post made me absolutely laugh out loud. Peak NDN catharsis.

What a glorious time that was.
by Bruno95  (2022-11-29 08:47:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After ND lost to Stanford, a friend said to me “you guys were all fired up for this inexperienced coach, because he wasn’t Brian Kelly.”

And I replied, “yes.”

Now, it helped that Freeman is Freeman and instantly made a good impression. But we were rid of Kelly, for free. And Jack had ridden the seatless “winningest coach” bicycle for nothing. It continues to make me smile.

You can tell your friend that we still are. *
by Revue Party  (2022-11-29 12:08:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who could forget the story of the 3 helpings of burnt ends. (link)
by Dan93  (2022-11-29 09:03:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope Tobias Merriweather turns out to be one of our best
by pmcdnd96  (2022-11-29 09:40:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

receivers of all time. Like Tim Brown level.

Our gluttonous former head coach took three serving of burnt ends from him while lying to him, then left. Then we changed his position coach. And he still came to Notre Dame.

We know he'll leave Notre Dame with a good education. I hope he also leaves with some records, a national championship ring and a high draft position.

4 minutes after it was posted....
by Otter  (2022-11-29 08:14:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The powers that be at ND should see how random fans on the internet have Jack's lazy ass number.

And a rockstar post by Shawno is not to be missed (link)
by Otter  (2022-11-29 08:20:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Excellent *
by RallyingSon  (2022-11-29 15:01:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The only thing that would make it better is if ND announced
by dulac89  (2022-11-29 08:08:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That they are acknowledging the vacated wins, and that Brian kelly no longer has the most wins

a great evening *
by irishrock  (2022-11-29 08:00:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That thread is depressing *
by PrivateJoker  (2022-11-29 06:07:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You misspelled awesome *
by pmcdnd96  (2022-11-29 08:04:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for the memories
by drmurray  (2022-11-29 05:19:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I still have bad gas