Transfer DL Braden Fiske set to visit Notre Dame
by bsuryn (2022-12-01 15:38:41)

WMU DL, 6-5 300 lbs from Indiana originally. Visits can start on 12/8

"Ole Miss, Penn State, West Virginia, Mississippi State, Rutgers, they have all offered," Fiske said. "I'm getting a lot of calls. Florida State reached out, pretty much every school you can think of has called but those ones I listed are the ones that have officially offered."

Fiske is a beast
by jdh34!  (2022-12-01 19:40:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Made plays all season long.

Matty Shelton to the house all day *
by ACross  (2022-12-01 22:13:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

losing a Foskey...possibly gaining a Fiske *
by Sec15Row37Guy  (2022-12-01 18:20:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pronounce it “Fisky”
by sprack  (2022-12-01 20:21:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hey, it worked out well when they changed the pronunciation of “Theismann”.

Got the whole Fiske up there, doc? *
by rockmcd  (2022-12-02 00:33:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Doc waving hands, the jokes on you, that is not my Fiske. *
by hibernianangst  (2022-12-02 11:06:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Grew up 45 mins away. 11 tackles, 1.5 TFL vs. MSU, Pitt *
by DukeSinatra  (2022-12-01 16:13:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

would seem to be a strong addition - and a 4-man interior DL
by MrE  (2022-12-01 17:15:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

rotation perhaps?

Cross, Mills, Rubio and this cat.

Mills needs to step it up.

Maybe Tyson Ford will develop, too, under Balis and Aidan K. for depth.

They may have to let one guy go though to get to 85...

UVA's qb just hit the portal
by jt  (2022-12-01 16:09:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

has thrown for over 9000 yards. Would be a grad transfer. Probably worth considering.

David Shaw resigned to the fact this was discussed below (link)
by DukeSinatra  (2022-12-01 16:12:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you assume that I knew his name
by jt  (2022-12-01 17:09:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I did not.

Gotcha. Fwiw, he's been discussed a lot, going back to...
by DukeSinatra  (2022-12-01 17:45:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...last year, when there were rumors he might consider ND or the NFL. He returned to Virginia instead and had a really awful year statistically.

If he is the '21 version, he is a very nice player. If he's the '22 version, he would be a downgrade from what ND currently has.

The current rumor is he is interested in Syracuse.

I'm not sure I saw a single minute of UVa football this year
by manofdillon  (2022-12-01 17:50:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is there any explanation for his significant regression that suggests he'd bounce back if he ended up at ND?

No, not really
by NavyJoe  (2022-12-01 18:00:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They changed out OCs, I believe…but that isn’t really enough of a reason to justify how bad Armstrong was.

Lost all 5 OL starters incl best player to Michigan in free
by MrE  (2022-12-01 18:04:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

agency.

He got sacked a shit ton in 2022 despite being a strong athlete. 34 sacks on 338 attempts. Sacked 31 times on 500 attempts the year before.

UVA OL was #104 in sack rate, #115 in power success rate, #99 in stuff rate.

Not quite Boston College awful, but awful.

And the UVA OC may have the least impressive OC resume in P5.

We're gonna need Saban or Smart or both to get
by Nut  (2022-12-01 17:14:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

screwed over by this transfer portal thing at some point. I know Saban lost some depth guys last year, but he also made out with that Georgia Tech running back who will run the 40 in a pecker twitch.

We need one of the big guys from the SEC to get really screwed over by the transfer or NIL business so something can get done. Once Saban or Smart bitch about it, then that'll set the wheels in motion. Notre Dame used to have that pull. But Fr. Ted is on to greater things now. And Jack leads behind the asses of these people. It's coaches now. They're like Civil War generals or WW1 field commanders. The whole damn thing centers on their moods.

“PeckerTwitch” to the RHG *
by Sluredandstumbly  (2022-12-01 18:59:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post