Jurkovec intends to enter the portal *
by JBrock18 (2022-12-02 08:05:16)

This user did not provide content for this post

He's likely going to Pitt... *
by IrishSteeler97  (2022-12-02 14:05:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is Slovis gone or do they want someone else? *
by NumberOneMoses  (2022-12-02 16:02:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pitt at ND for senior day next season. Nice. *
by JBrock18  (2022-12-02 15:33:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Zach Frazer revisited *
by Smokin_Clover  (2022-12-02 15:35:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rules: would he be allowed to come back to ND? *
by COLORADOMER  (2022-12-02 13:18:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He would be allowed by rule
by gordonbombay  (2022-12-02 14:55:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He would not be allowed by anyone with a functioning brain.

so if ND said yes, he could come back? wow *
by COLORADOMER  (2022-12-02 16:52:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jurk speaks out on decision…sort of
by Igboston  (2022-12-02 12:45:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

https://twitter.com/nantucket_from/status/1598667737240420353?s=46&t=asCA41Kp_w2Iooqad1Qxqw

Same recruiting class as Trevor Lawrence/Justin Fields
by DakotaDomer  (2022-12-02 12:19:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They might be onto their second contract by the time Phil signs his first NFL deal.

he's not very good, if there is a first NFL contact
by vivaflanner  (2022-12-02 13:04:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it'll be a very low round pick of UDFA. Cant imagine a second

I’m expecting UDFA *
by DakotaDomer  (2022-12-02 13:35:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You misspelled XFL *
by Keenan4w  (2022-12-02 12:54:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A second BC QB...
by Wass  (2022-12-02 11:29:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...just entered the portal, Daelen Menard. It looks like BC is going toward a youth movement. I wonder if the BC head coaches told the two that there chances of starting were slim, "pushing" them into the portal?

Adam Shaft reporting CR7 has entered the transfer Portugal.
by Porpoiseboy  (2022-12-02 11:00:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think ND should pass and let him go to Saudi Arabia. $207 million is a high NIL bar to set, and he's a rapist.

Anxious to read his manifesto about how he was mistreated
by seano  (2022-12-02 10:59:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at BC but is moving on to his new school and loves his decision.

I thought he loved BC
by garbageplate  (2022-12-02 10:56:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BC must be a pretty terrible place when its most ardent supporters want to leave.

He was projected to be a first round pick after year 1 at BC
by K-Rock  (2022-12-02 10:49:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His injuries and a god awful BC line set him back. Jurkovec coming back to lead ND to a title would be a great redemption story and would be the perfect final F-off to Kelly.

by whom?
by MrE  (2022-12-02 10:53:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

why didn't he go to the NFL then? or now?

I'm guessing NFL GMs are running in the opposite direction as fast as possible.

Top men *
by baerga  (2022-12-02 13:56:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here's my attempt to post a link, there are several. (link)
by k-rock  (2022-12-02 11:04:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

so just behind Spencer Rattler and Jake Haener
by MrE  (2022-12-02 11:19:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

going #3 and #7 overall.

I would say that is why he is coming back another year.
by K-Rock  (2022-12-02 11:56:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That is why there is a transfer portal, sometimes things do not work out the way you plan. Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield all came from the transfer portal. I stated on this board a month ago that Jurkovec was going to hit the transfer portal and I came close to saying he was coming back to ND. He probably said too much since then to make it possible, but he would have been the perfect 1 year stopgap.

Perfect stopgap but for one issue: he’s not good at football *
by Freight Train  (2022-12-02 13:31:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I watched him play a bit
by vivaflanner  (2022-12-02 13:05:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he's not very good

Guess they're not as "primed for success" as he thought. *
by Barrister  (2022-12-02 10:28:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is it ridiculous that he could return here?
by Otter  (2022-12-02 09:27:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His beef was with Brian Kelly, correct?

He blew up that bridge IMHO
by JBrock18  (2022-12-02 10:02:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I do not believe at this point he is an upgrade over the current QBs so if I were ND I wouldn’t have any interest on that aspect alone.

We should take him back if he wanted to come
by ACross  (2022-12-02 10:26:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Back. He hated Kelly and thought Chip Long was a douche. You have a problem with that?

He is not a good QB
by Russiandomer  (2022-12-02 14:50:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His numbers the past two years are horrid. It is not his fault he was not properly developed at ND or BC. It is also not his fault he's been injured. When you have limited scholarships you have to upgrade the position, not take on a reclamation project.

It would be a nice redemption story
by Ty Webb  (2022-12-02 13:48:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But it appears the staff has their sites on better QB options in the transfer portal. Jurkovec really struggled this year at BC, maybe, in part, to things outside his control.

I’m more concerned with his ability as a QB
by JBrock18  (2022-12-02 12:36:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as it compares to Pyne, Buchner, and Angeli. What his relationship was with Kelly, Long, Rees, or anyone else is secondary to me. I watched him play a ton of games live in HS. His home field was 3 miles from my house when I lived there. He really has not progressed like I thought he might and still displays some of the shortcomings he had mechanically and from a decision making standpoint that he had at Pine Richland. He got away with it there.

I will say the fact that as a young adult and D1 college football player, he had his parents come speak to the staff about things such as playing time is an issue for me.

agreed on that last part. Tells part of the story beyond
by MrE  (2022-12-02 13:56:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the on-field abiilty.

Strongly disagree
by marylanddomer  (2022-12-02 11:50:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He has already made painfully (for him) clear he harbors significant resentments with ND and not just because of Kelly and Chip. How could we possibly trust that he would cohere with the team and staff after that? And why would we take him (now 2nd string at BC) over other options?

This is not a matter of hurt feelings. Just consider what he said and how he said it? The bridge has been burned and he lit the fuse. He doesn’t want to come back.

I don't have a problem with that. But it also doesn't mean .
by Rocksteady74  (2022-12-02 11:16:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... 'we should take him' if he wants to come. At this point, we don't know what our best QB opportunity will be in the portal. I see no reason that this guy should be anointed first choice just because he was here before and hated Kelly.

I certainly don't think we should make any promises *
by ACross  (2022-12-02 13:37:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You must have missed his unsolicited pre-ND game tweet *
by Freight Train  (2022-12-02 10:47:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was trying to be funny
by ACross  (2022-12-02 13:39:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Perhaps he knows how easily dumb Irish people lose their minds.

Gee, ya think?
by Freight Train  (2022-12-02 14:08:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was still a really stupid thing to post. You need to stop thinking that everybody who hates Kelly is worthy of your understanding and support. The enemy of your enemy is not always your friend.

He's an idiot and most germane to the issue at hand, he's not very good at football.

Oh, he is not "an idiot"
by ACross  (2022-12-02 17:22:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's probably a pretty good kid.

A lot of people on this board are awfully quick to render harsh and final judgment on kids who played for ND and have a rough go at ND.

What did it say? Seen this referenced but can’t find tweet. *
by Dan93  (2022-12-02 11:01:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Link inside (link)
by Freight Train  (2022-12-02 11:07:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The "cultural appropriation" part was really cringeworthy. *
by Marine Domer  (2022-12-02 11:56:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's a QB not a comedian
by airborneirish  (2022-12-02 13:50:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

some of you need to lighten up. I said some incredibly stupid shit in the last year that can't hold a candle to the stupid shit I said when I was 20.

Right out of the Fredo playbook. *
by ND8486  (2022-12-02 12:34:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Exactly. Fredo to the core. He's an idiot. Good riddance.
by Raoul  (2022-12-02 14:57:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He and Kelly deserve each other.

on the morning of the day his teammates were playing ND... *
by MrE  (2022-12-02 11:25:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If that’s all it was he would have been over it by now
by Camarillo Brillo  (2022-12-02 10:37:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think he’s a head case who seems to enjoy inviting drama

Disagree. *
by MrE  (2022-12-02 10:32:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Armstrong and Card seem like better options.
by Bruno95  (2022-12-02 09:45:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Especially Armstrong, because he’s a graduate transfer.

Pass on both
by tf86  (2022-12-02 12:03:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That doesn't necessarily mean that Jurkovec is a better option, however.

all would be an upgrade to status quo.
by MrE  (2022-12-02 12:05:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the current QB simply can't do the job, due to physical limitations.

Maybe there's somewhere better, though - Devin Leary? Someone else?

We may be better off waiting a year
by tf86  (2022-12-02 12:10:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Between Ewers and Manning, my guess is that the backup will transfer. At this point I'd take either of them over any of the other options being discussed.

Dude there’s a reason they’re transferring.
by bill_brasky  (2022-12-02 13:04:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No one is going to be perfect. Every team on the schedule had an advantage at QB this year. They absolutely have to take someone.

Please not Card... *
by 2domerdad  (2022-12-02 10:56:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why not?
by SavageDragon  (2022-12-02 13:46:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He seems like a reasonable candidate: good recruit who showed out reasonably well in limited time but ended up sandwiched between the top overall/QB recruit in the class before and after him.

That's the point..
by 2domerdad  (2022-12-02 14:37:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Watched him at Lake Travis. He didn't play quarterback until the starter got hurt. He never beat anybody out at Texas.

While I want to bring someone in, I'm not interested.
by tdiddy07  (2022-12-02 09:42:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't care about his comments a few weeks ago. I've never been particularly impressed with the Western-PA hype machine. Like Buchner, people salivated over him in recruiting even though there was a huge gap between him and others at the elite camps. He was never someone who could've stepped in and done well early. He was a development project as someone with tools who didn't throw the ball accurately enough to excel in college. Even though Irish fans were so disenchanted with Kelly's QB development that they demanded this be so.

And his development trajectory does not show someone who would seriously compete for the job. He's had one year as an effective game manager, but where he had a 60 percent completion percentage on only 7.6 ypa. His 150 passer rating season in 2021 he effectively threw the ball down the field, but he had a 7/4 TD/INT ratio. And that was only in six games, two of which were Colgate, UMass and 3-9 Ga Tech. He played poorly against halfway decent teams. And this year, he struggled. Even after injury, he likely lost his starting job, which is why he is leaving.

We'll have enough depth for depth's sake next year. Even if we can't find a surefire starter, I'd rather take someone like Card or a guy who got beat out by a talented QB at a better program than BC. They'd be more likely to compete for the job.

Don't Shoot the Messenger
by RJD  (2022-12-02 10:57:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your stats on Phil reminded me of my post earlier in the season when Drew Pyne was Top 50 in Passing Efficiency but was told his performance was declining. It was but Drew finished #20 in Passing Efficiency rating (155.27) with 64.6% completions, 22TD / 6 Int, and 8 yds a completion (#38).

Mike Singer noted on YouTube that Pyne ranked #5 with that Passing Efficiency in ND history, just ahead of John Huarte from a different time, but #5 (or 6? can't remember) all time at ND.

[Link not in box because someone already posted link]

http://www.cfbstats.com/2022/leader/national/player/split01/category02/sort02.html

I am not saying DP is the Answer but enough with the midget abuse heard here...Rick

Who cares about a pututative "west PA hype machine"
by ACross  (2022-12-02 10:35:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If he decides he wants to come back and graduate from ND and reunite with his teammates, I would be all for it. But I assume he is not a huge fan of the Kelly offense , which what we are still running w Rees.

The point is that we ought to be able to find someone better *
by tdiddy07  (2022-12-02 13:19:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Though to be fair, it's a better offense than...
by DawsonMayes871  (2022-12-02 10:42:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...the one BC ran this past season which is reenacted below by Daniel Snyder.

he's better than a Toledo/Ball State/Central Michigan-type
by MrE  (2022-12-02 10:05:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

starter.

But agreed, you can't take him.

I'd probably rather have Rourke from Ohio U. or Hartman from
by tdiddy07  (2022-12-02 10:28:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

WF or Harris at UTSA if someone like that was available. Over Jurkovec. I'd probably prefer talented guys at bigger programs that played well but lost their jobs.

Toledo's Dequan Finn
by Twinkie the Kid  (2022-12-02 10:37:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is pretty damn good. He's had an injury-riddled season, but when he's healthy, he's solid. As ND fans may recall, had he taken a knee last year at the 1-yard line (instead of running it in for the TD), Toledo probably would've walked out of ND stadium with a win.

That ship has sailed
by localirishfan  (2022-12-02 09:39:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He continued with some passive aggressive comments towards ND when trying to clarify his previous comments

Yes. *
by Raoul  (2022-12-02 09:38:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I believe with Rees as well.
by Irisharab  (2022-12-02 09:35:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After the Instagram post he wrote before the BC vs ND game, there’s zero chance that he will be back at ND.

Could see him at Pitt. He and Narduzzi would be a great match.

He's a true dual threat QB..
by TMCT  (2022-12-02 08:42:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He can embarrass your program ON or OFF the field

Quadruple threat. He can transfer twice as well. *
by Freight Train  (2022-12-02 09:06:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cue the posters from PA salivating over him *
by cabnd00  (2022-12-02 08:17:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’d do well at Penn State…
by NavyJoe  (2022-12-02 08:31:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

…Altoona

I passed the Erector Set in State College yesterday
by cujays96  (2022-12-02 09:50:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

while driving from Williamsport to Pittsburgh.

I flipped it off.

That's funny...
by Wass  (2022-12-02 10:19:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...because I thought exactly the same thing when I first saw the stadium. A fellow grad student's dad was a prof there and we went to see some of the pics of his trip to Guadalcanal, where he did some scuba diving off some of the wrecks from the war (I am a history buff especially in that time period and that theater). As we drove by the stadium I asked, "Is that safe???"

Still known as Perv State *
by ND Harvey  (2022-12-02 09:34:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ped State is also acceptable *
by krudler  (2022-12-02 09:36:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Call me maybe *
by RJD  (2022-12-02 08:07:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ok, Maybe. *
by OGerry  (2022-12-02 11:15:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post