We shouldn’t assume the remaining qbs dont feel slighted
by Nathan (2022-12-02 14:08:14)

In reply to: If true, Pyne should walk  posted by localirishfan

At the way position is headed. If a transfer is being recruited, ostensibly with a promise of starting, I would expect all the others are reading the same tea leaves. In the NFL, contracts are negotiated between the players agent, and the general manager, at the terms of termination,arer in the contract. In college Recruitment is based on the word of the coaches to the players family. There was never any way a transfer could come in without pushing out the one or two quarterbacks with the least amount of eligibility remaining. Although I don’t follow other teams, I’m not aware of any time a transfer was brought in to replace a returning starter except when there was a coaching change. That’s why I think all the quarterbacks currently on the roster have to wonder if the coach recruited them has given up on them. And losing Pine we will lose three years of eligibility, and at least three more years of eligibility if another one of our quarterbacks transfers and what we will gain is one, possibly two years of eligibility in a grad transfer or transfer. If it’s a one year transfer, this guarantees that we will start the following season with an inexperienced quarterback, just like we did this year.

I hope the whole room doesn’t flip over just for another Jack Coan.

Replies: