F**k Revlimid pricing.
by The Holtz Room (2023-01-26 21:57:49)

In reply to: Random thoughts  posted by Wass

It’s such bullshit they tweaked Thalidomide and set up patent walls to price gouge multiple myeloma patients.

I hope you are doing well Wass. You’re in my prayers.

Oddly...
by Wass  (2023-01-26 23:40:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...of all the meds I was on for chemo, the Revlamid had the least side effects. I hated being in the dex. That really beats you up. The Velcade was rough too. It gave me some seriously painful neuropathy and it was difficult to walk at times. But the Malphalan they gave me for the stem cell transplant was brutal. One dose and I was out of action for weeks.

Dad did pretty well on Revlimid as well.
by The Holtz Room  (2023-01-26 23:51:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When his light chains went up, they upped the dosage and that beat up on his kidneys.

After that, he went into the trials.

Sounds like your dad...
by Wass  (2023-01-27 07:53:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...had the same type of myeloma I have. Mine is fairly rare, in that it is caused by the kappa light chain, not the lambda light chain, which is more common and more dangerous. The heavy chains can also cause myeloma as well. I am just hoping the stem cell transplant worked (I don't want to go through that again) and I stay in remission long enough for medical advances to find another way to beat it down. My next oncology appointment is coming up and I am a bit concerned about some things that don't seem quite right.

Someone should really do something about that.
by Moff  (2023-01-26 22:24:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oh wait, we are …. ;)

I approve of this message . . . *
by other_guy  (2023-01-27 14:52:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

👍 *
by The Holtz Room  (2023-01-26 22:30:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post