there are already a few cases in front of the courts now
by jt (2023-01-27 15:15:47)

In reply to: It would be a waste of time. There's no good side  posted by SWPaDem

Johnson v NCAA should be decided pretty soon, I believe.

Next hearing in Johnson is February 15...
by Kbyrnes  (2023-01-27 16:07:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...See NCAA Battling From Behind in Student Athlete Employee Suit (Peter Hayes, news.bloomberglaw.com, January 17, 2023).

The legal complications are fascinating; it's quite possible, as this article says, that SCOTUS will decide on the fate of the "college athletic-industrial complex" (to steal the formulation used in an August 2022 article in The Athletic).

I think that if it gets to the Supreme Court
by jt  (2023-01-27 17:13:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that would be bad news for the NCAA.

Yeah. I think the NCAA is bad news for the NCAA...
by Kbyrnes  (2023-01-27 17:30:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...but that's another topic, to some extent.

yes, very similar to the Joe Moore vs Notre Dame case
by jt  (2023-01-27 17:35:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

just bad news all around. Groupthink prevails. In the NCAA's case, you also have the added selfishness.