But why does it matter what channel it's on? Besides peacock
by ndgenius (2023-03-14 09:43:50)

In reply to: He has a very good track record  posted by thesixthgreatlake

anyone with cable has just about every game imaginable on. As long as the Big10Network takes away our stupid night games, that's all I care about.

I expected to see a much earlier class yr in profile
by ratinatux  (2023-03-15 07:55:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As TAR notes, a lot of people no longer have cable tv.

By "cable" I'm counting YouTube, Hulu and other streaming
by ndgenius  (2023-03-16 11:24:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

services. Anyone who doesn't have one of those obviously doesn't give a rats ass about live sports and only watches clips/highlights if anything.

Most of the people in my generation (+/- 40) have cut the cord but still have a YoutubeTV or Hulu because we still care about sports. Above us, still have the cable connected and below me most of them don't really care and would rather do something other than sit in front of the TV for four hours.

"Anyone with cable" describes an ever shrinking group *
by TAR  (2023-03-14 13:08:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The NBC/Peacock divide is huge for cord-cutters. *
by doolinbanjos  (2023-03-15 09:10:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also, Xfinity customers lose free access to Peacock in June. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2023-03-14 15:44:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

didn't know this, ouch. Though I never watch Peacock *
by DavidAddison  (2023-03-14 18:44:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No more Free Cock. *
by No Right Turn on Red  (2023-03-14 21:51:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As the old saying goes, " Why buy the bull..?" *
by TAR  (2023-03-15 21:35:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

06/25/2023 is the last free day.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2023-03-14 19:15:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am sponging off relatives, but I have used it for watching Premier League games.

Agreed
by thesixthgreatlake  (2023-03-14 10:39:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The more informative information from the Matt S. site is the kickoff times. To some end, channels do dictate that. ESPN staggers their games on Saturday nights between their litany of networks. Fox does as well. I imagine NBC will do the same with Peacock and the Big Ten.

The topic probably underscores why ND has been willing to be below market on TV. ND and NBC obviously collaborate on start times to some extent and announce them well in advance. A schedule where late season games start a bit earlier and everyone can plan travel in accordance with set kickoffs is very conducive to fan base that disproportionately travels to games. A six day hold on an ND home game would be very poorly received. If ND went out to the highest bidder in Bristol, that'd be the trade off.