Notre Dame's Over/Under for wins in 2023 is 8.5. (link)
by rkellyatrecess (2023-03-22 16:19:44)

That sounds about right to me.
by tdiddy07  (2023-03-23 11:42:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On offense, with personnel, we have QB upgrade, an extra wide receiver, another year of WR development, and continued offensive line development point toward being better than the 40th ranked offense or whatever we were. I'd call our personnel improvements to be 1.5 games better than last year. Maybe 2.0. However, we do have big question marks about how new staff pieces on offense will work together. Let's call that minus .5 game.

I also would expect our ability for special teams to change games to drop off. I would expect that even if we returned Mason. That output was unworldly, and teams can better prepare for that. Let's call that minus 1.0 game. That goes to show how important special teams plays were last year.

Defensively, I don't know that we're ready to fill holes on DL or safety. If Hart can have a healthy year, I could really see him blossoming. I'd say we're a game worse on defense unless the young linebackers really take a big step forward. Maybe even 1.5 games worse.

All in all, 8.5 wins seems like a good line.

Some reasons to be a little more optimistic
by Camarillo Brillo  (2023-03-23 06:53:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sam Hartman at quarterback
Tyree possibly finding a home in the slot
a running back trio of Estime, Diggs and Price

If Merriweather comes on strong and Styles can improve, along with Thomas, Colzie and Smith, we actually may be able to stretch the field this season.

Lots of ifs, lots of areas unsettled, but I think Hartman's addition can give us at least one win we're not expecting.

Same over under as last year, correct? *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2023-03-22 23:11:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seems low. They are saying ND loses to SC, OSU and Clem
by DomerJon  (2023-03-22 17:57:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

then flip a coin if they lose another. If they beat one of those 3 it seems like an easy over.

So they're not buying that we'll be a top 10 team. *
by VaDblDmr  (2023-03-22 17:06:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is anyone here? *
by Colonel Mustard  (2023-03-22 17:36:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think we’ve got a good shot. *
by The Beef  (2023-03-22 19:04:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't look now but our offensive staff is highly
by ACross  (2023-03-22 21:08:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Suspect. It could turn out to be a train wreck. Imagine Wass exhaling in your face after eating brown bread, fish stew, funyuns, ass, and vomit.
That might just be our offense.

Some people pay to inhale such a fragrance *
by LAW83  (2023-03-23 13:55:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post