Below are some quotes from a 2001 article on Kadish
by Moff (2023-03-23 01:57:23)
Edited on 2023-03-23 02:07:22

In reply to: Agreeance *  posted by GoonSquad

He was then 51, 20 years post retirement from the NFL.

"Without all the pills I take, I couldn't even be speaking with you right now.” … “In fact, talking is one of the most difficult things about my condition. There's so many muscles involved in making the mouth form sounds and words that it's really noticeable when I don't have medication."

He was noted to have suffered 15 concussions, including one in high school and two at ND, and to have spent a week in the hospital after one in 1973 at a Dolphins practice, before being traded to Buffalo.

The article said some former teammates noticed, at a 1994 golf outing, that his speech and balance were off, and the diagnoses was first post-concussion syndrome and later a mild form of Parkinson’s

"I'm about the stage where [actor] Michael J. Fox is. I'm like him, just hoping some cure is found before things get too much worse."

"Right now, it's not life-threatening…. I don't work. I can't do some things physically. I want to spend as much quality time with my kids as I can because there's a chance I'll be shuffling along like Muhmammad Ali does.”

"Who's to blame? No one's to blame. But I think people should know the damaging effects of a concussion when they watch these games."

So it sounds like it was a three decade struggle for him and his family. May he Rest In Peace

Replies: