my references?
by jt (2023-03-23 18:14:32)

In reply to: Yes, I'm aware there are non-revenue sports that compete  posted by Irishdog80

I played college football, both at the big school and small school level. I coached high school football for over a decade, and I also coached youth football for over a decade. My dad was a teacher and coach for over 40 years at various levels. I have had several players play in the NFL and one drafted into the NFL. I have immediate family members currently participating in NCAA athletics. I have relationships with a few dozen current division one football players. I have relatives who have coached NCAA football, my godfather was a coach in the NFL and NCAA for years, and I have numerous contacts in and around NCAA football, Major league baseball, college baseball, as well as trainers (basically the new middlemen) throughout the country. For the record, these specific references have been shared with the board ops of this board. I don't know about your second cousin who played D1 (or what sport that was), or what your wife's relatives have to do with this discussion, but my guess is that you either didn't speak to them very much about their situation or you did and you just didn't take much from it.

Nobody else in the country is expected to work 12 months a year, 40 hours a week with no vacation, holiday, etc. Your standards are higher than the IRS', for example.

Replies: