fair, this was my fault for not putting more reading into it
by ravenium (2023-03-23 19:58:16)
Edited on 2023-03-24 03:24:06

In reply to: Respectfully, this post has significant errors  posted by FL_Irish

I'd love to excuse myself by saying it was a quick google, but that doesn't mean I need to stop there. Also to be fair, jacks salary showed up on multiple Google searches as that, so it'd be easy to be mislead. I was far more confident in Morgan Burke as we lived in the same neighborhood.

Honestly, I think I was also blinded by the fact that there is so much disparity in college coaching salaries. "Why not ADs as well?" my naive self thought. Whoops!

I'd go back to a basic issue I have with a lot of these discussions. What IS an appropriate salary for a good AD? What IS an appropriate salary for a good football coach?

The demand economy dictates what it is under the current system, though we would rather it not be so. I don't think we can change that without essentially making the demand nonexistent.

I'm mostly just firmly against sudden massive revenue sharing in a single sport just because it has more eyeballs than another sport in which athletes have the same level of effort.

If people want that, fine - go make it a semi-pro travel team, then it's a fundamentally different league.

None of this is to suggest the current system is great or ok, as is inevitably a counter-argument that seems to fly in. Just because one doesn't support the specific change mechanism doesn't mean I support the status quo either.