yes, if the schools can't afford it they should drop it
by jt (2023-03-23 23:40:38)
Edited on 2023-03-23 23:53:48

In reply to: Attention student athletes of America, JT says it's OK if  posted by Irishdog80

cashing checks and claiming poverty doesn't fly in any other employment arena.

Perhaps someone else will step in in that instance and subsidize things. Hmmmmmm, is there a professional league in need of a developmental program? Why I believe there is! Do they have an interest in making sure there is adequate training and development? Why yes they do! If schools can't afford it any longer, will this league still need the development? It would seem so, wouldn't it?

Gosh, we don't even have to go that far. Are there football programs and basketball programs that do turn a profit? Why yes, apparently Notre Dame made 77 MILLION last year. Do they have an interest in making sure that they have enough teams to play? Why I think they do! Imagine that. Might they be able to share some of that burden with these poor, poor schools that just can't afford it, or should we dump all of the burden on the athletes and make them play for free? (of course we all know your answer there).

How does the NFL make it with a team in small market Green Bay? Can the Packers even pay their bills? Do they get players for free?

My goodness, you don't even understand exactly what it is you're supporting--you're supporting the billionaires holding wages down under the guise of amateur athletics. It's quite foolish.

Let the market decide.