I have stated the following...for most, an athletic
by Irishdog80 (2023-03-24 01:12:00)

In reply to: That's not my definition of full time, you're not  posted by jt

scholarship and other added benefits is generous "compensation" for student-athletes. Some, due to their performance on the field or unique appeal to the market, deserve additional dollars through either NIL or some other legal NCAA method. I never said "athletes shouldn't get money". Yes, full time is 30 hours a week by the strict IRS definition. Then there is this...Student-athletes are only allowed to dedicate a maximum four hours per day, 20 hours per week during the season with one day off and eight hours per week in the offseason with two days off..

During the summer vacation period, student-athletes may not participate in any countable athletically related activities. Strength and conditioning coaches may design and conduct specific workout programs for student-athletes, provided such workouts are voluntary and conducted at the request of the student-athlete.

The paying of student-athletes is a bigger issue than Notre Dame. Please explain what you would do if you were the Athletic Director at St. Francis University or similar institution. Also tell me what you would say to the student-athletes that have a dwindling universe of places they can ply their trade.

Replies: