"Athletes aren't subject to market demands" What
by Irishdog80 (2023-03-24 01:41:39)

In reply to: don't be obtuse  posted by jt

planet do you live on? Market demand is the aggregate of the individual demands for a commodity from purchasers in the marketplace. If more purchasers enter the marketplace and they have the capability to pay for commodities on sale, then the market demand at each cost price degree will increase...it pretty much explains free agency in professional sports and the complicated NIL world the NCAA is facing. Wow, just wow...you really don't understand. I am flabbergasted at your lack of understanding.

And all of my contacts are first cousins or closer. The ones that were on athletic scholarship value the education and experience they had. In many cases, the fact they played sports at a high level made a distinct difference in their career. No complaints. And due to my lengthy time in the world of trademark licensing, I have some insight into today's NIL that exceeds most. Here's a hint...no one cares about or buys a lot of merchandise for lower level athletes and teams. Look at the list of best selling merchandise for the pro leagues...the jersey you bought with JT on the back of a Chiefs jersey does not sell well. Put Mahomes on a Chiefs jersey with his number and you have gold.