UMD was better....tonight.
by HoundDog1973 (2018-04-07 23:00:54)

We could never seem to get our offense organized into sustained pressure leading to scoring chances. Duluth was great at the forecheck keeping us from getting out of our end. Cale was great as usual, although the second goal was not his best moment. But our offense did not produce when it had to, so that was that. I would still like our chances in a best of three series against these guys, but that is not what we have. One and done. On to next year. It was still a great season. Two seasons in a row in the Frozen Four, advance one level each year. So I guess next year is our year. Go Irish!

UMD defense was young but skilled
by Nodakirish  (2018-04-08 00:08:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We needed to test them more on rushes yet we played dump and chase and they beat us to the corners.
There forecheck was effective because or breakouts were predictable and slow. We need some young quick defensemen - like a point guard in basketball.
We gave up close to 30 shots midway through the second period. That cannothapern
By the end of the game it appeared we had nothing left in the tank

This was tough to take but what an exciting season.
by Cbo86  (2018-04-07 23:32:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I felt good about our chances in this one but they were just better and we never got the bounce when we needed it. I really made a connection with this team and the board was a lot of fun. This was really painful but no comparison to a child going through bone cancer. Best to “Rudy” and his family and all those going though real pain. See you next season.

Frozen Four banner will look great in CFIA.
by Otter  (2018-04-07 23:06:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They should hang it directly in front of the Big 10 banner.

I would hang a separate banner for National Runner-up 2018.

Great year. The pain will subside.

Speaking of which: Bonger? A request?
by Otter  (2018-04-07 23:21:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can we get that Bulldog cartoon off of here when you get a chance? Maybe a Frozen Four logo instead?