I hear you - Avs fans you're talking to....
by BIGSKYND (2018-04-20 11:43:21)

In reply to: I hope you're right and I'm wrong  posted by NDMD99

- who appear to have generally been in hiding the past few years - probably are vastly unqualified to evaluate this and are reacting with "sports fan" analysis. While you're correct that all G present "risk", some do more than others. Guys who have been id'd early, have the attributes, and are thoroughly scouted for the draft and end up being high picks, are clearly less of a risk than a kid who was largely unnoticed, didn't play for a year, and has one good college season under his belt. I have no clue what a current scouting evaluation of Cale is but I'll wager a nice sum that it's not at the level of Oettinger, Woll, Hart, Samsonov, Sorokin, etc etc, or of Gillies, Demko, etc. So I think that another solid season couldn't hurt his stock and I really don't see everything in front of him blowing up at ND next year. When you refer to an ELC we're talking about a 2-way. Unless Cale thinks he's going to make an NHL roster and stick, he'd be signing essentially for AHL money. That's not hitting the lottery. Another good year at ND could add to the chances of making a team out of camp and at least moves him up on the ELC age level. We'll see. For the record, I'm not addressing this from the standpoint of wanting him back. I do, but if he leaves I think we'll manage in G.