It's almost as if the Big 10 isn't a good hockey conference?
by DakotaDomer (2018-11-05 16:59:49)

I mean...I know it's shocking after the Big10 had one good season and NCAA playoff that yielded no championship...

But surprisingly...the Big10 is no longer the dominant force in college hockey that they billed themselves as preseason.

In the latest uscho poll (linked) the Big10 has the following positions for now 6,7,8,14,16,20, 24
In the original uscho poll the Big10 had the following positions 2, 3, 4, 13, 16, 26, NR

This post brought to you by Wisco and Goldie getting swept

Kinda same argument as SEC in football
by NDoggie78  (2018-11-06 09:12:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Big 10 teams don't have as good of records because they have to play each other. Some validity to that argument, but it is early and we shall see.

And there are several teams that are ranked high who haven't played anyone yet.
#2 St. Cloud St. has played 1 ranked team and lost (Northeastern)
#4 Providence has played 1 ranked team and lost (Notre Dame)
#5 Denver has not played a ranked team
Of course all the early rankings could be all wrong and these teams turn out to be at the appropriate positions - just too early to worry .... yet (a sweep by ND this weekend would be sweet)

Except conference play has barely started
by DakotaDomer  (2018-11-06 11:17:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And as mentioned in my post the B1G was 2-6 vs the other conferences last weekend

And last year was the only good year in their entire existence

They’re the Big10 of college hockey, not the SEC of college hockey

I was speaking more in general - of the future excuse
by NDoggie78  (2018-11-06 12:23:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's not necessarily accurate. And I think those Big 10 rankings were based more on last year. I'm not disagreeing with you. I don't think the Big10 hockey = SEC football - but I think the Big10 does

Of those ranked ahead of us, Minnesota Duluth and Minnesota State deserve their rankings - each having played 6 ranked teams - St. Cloud St., Providence, and Denver not so much just based on ranked teams they have played.

Of course, like football, they probably shouldn't even have rankings until a quarter of the way into the season