I'm wondering about the success of this game
by DakotaDomer (2018-12-12 17:28:25)
Edited on 2018-12-12 17:28:59

In reply to: Anyone receive their tickets for 1/5 outdoor game yet?  posted by Keough09Roos

I can think of a lot of reasons the attendance will be lower than necessary for success:

1. It's an opponent we play 4 times a year (an opponent which is sucking this year)
2. Garth Brooks concert already fulfilled the multi-use itch of the local population
3. The football team is going to get all the attention on campus and they might have a game on 1/7 keeping people from committing to plans on 1/5 since they might need to travel 1/5.
4. It's nowhere near the same date as the Winter Classic

Also, Weezer is playing at the Winter Classic.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-12-13 20:53:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Additional performers will be announced in the days ahead.

I just looked on Vivid Seats
by DakotaDomer  (2018-12-13 08:54:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And unlike the Winter Classic...it looks like only lower bowl tickets directly next to the rink (between the end zone lines) are being sold.

Is that right? Are we only trying to sell 20,000 seats or something?

Yes, they're only selling in select sections.
by Keough09Roos  (2018-12-13 10:44:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you look at the link below from ND, right now they're only selling tickets in Sections 6-13 on the East side and 25-30 on the West side.

Originally, they were only offering sections on one side of the stadium, so I think they've opened up more sections as they've sold some tickets over the past month. They also had some club seats available in the Duncan Student Center on the West side back in November, but those appear to have since sold out.