I only watched the third period
by wearendhockey (2018-12-31 20:16:00)

In reply to: I may stick a post up the play-by-play guy’s backside ....  posted by BIGSKYND

I was wondering a bit about how the first two periods looked based on some of the commentary. Sure they hit the post a few times in this game, but the 20 minutes I saw were pretty much controlled by the Irish. And it wasn't like it was 4-0 going into the third when it should be fairly easy to control tempo. Notre Dame was winning battles in corners and coming up with far more than half of the 50-50 pucks in the third period, when it was 2-0, 3-0 and 4-0, and at both ends of the ice.

That was one of the most unremakable BC teams
by zahm82  (2018-12-31 20:43:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've seen. Certainly one of the slowest. I used to be terrified when they went on the PP but not today.

That top line is damn good but ....
by BIGSKYND  (2018-12-31 22:23:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they’re even more top heavy than when they depended on Gaudreau/Hayes/Arnold. No depth.

Only two non conference wins in last two seasons, 10
by NH74Domer  (2019-01-01 11:14:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in total including '16/'17 and that year they were still under .500 outside of HE.

Other than his first 3 years at BC,
by wearendhockey  (2018-12-31 20:56:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the only time York has missed the NCAAs in consecutive seasons there was the last 2, and right now this season looks to be the third in a row. Wonder if he's finally grown tired of being behind the bench? This is his 25th season at BC and he coached for 22 at Bowling Green and Clarkson before that.

The past few years he's had to deal with something...
by BIGSKYND  (2019-01-01 11:31:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he never had to - blue chippers doing a one and done or never even showing up. His success was consistently keeping those guys for at least three years.