Would the outcome have been different if the ends were
by wearendhockey (2019-01-06 10:07:17)

reversed at the start of the game? TV never does justice to the actual views people on the playing surface are seeing and I wonder if Cale was at the other end, would he have clearly seen the puck from 140 feet away and made what should have been a routine save? By the time the second period rolled around, 40 or so minutes after Morris gave up the long goal, the sun was pretty much no longer any sort of a factor, and the glare from the lights would have been similar regardless of the angles since it comes from all four corners.

At any rate, I hate gimmicks. This program has now played 3 modern outdoor games, including finally one at home. We don't need anymore. With Norris and Hughes on the other end of the continent, this was a game Notre Dame should have won. I know I sound like a Michigan fan saying it, but had it been played on the Compton sheet, I bet we would have won it.

Now get off my lawn, all of you.

The sun was at his back for the first period.
by OCND  (2019-01-07 13:45:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So unless he was catching a reflection, I wouldn't think it would be as much a factor as if he was at the other end.

Also, the corner lights were off the entire game. Only the side lights above were lit.

Wonder if it was the sun hitting the end zone stands?
by NDoggie78  (2019-01-08 08:44:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They were empty - maybe caused a bright background?

Bad first 5 minutes, but I thought Michigan played harder and outplayed us.
Just looked like they wanted it more.

Yep. Outplayed. Sloppy.
by OCND  (2019-01-08 13:44:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The entire 1st period was really awful. Spurts in the 2nd and 3rd, but still much of the same. Michigan was getting to pucks and hitting some nice stretch passes every now and then. Notre Dame struggled with net front presence the entire game, where Michigan excelled in taking advantage of their ability to gain space near the slot. I think the sun was the least of their worries.

Jackson mentioned the sun postgame. *
by basicbasket  (2019-01-07 09:01:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t know. I stopped counting how many times
by graNDfan  (2019-01-06 11:13:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We threw the puck right to an opposing skater. Granted, I don’t go to a lot of games, but our passes really looked atrocious at times. And we did not seem to move our feet well - a lot of stabbing at the puck. They really seemed to want to get to the puck more than us. I thought we played well enough to win or tie the last two periods, but the first 5 minutes killed us.

After PSU and the start of this game I am starting to worry about repeating in conference. Then again maybe I’m still pissed about the two drunk UM asses that sat next to us yesterday.

As much as I complain about people who don't appreciate
by wearendhockey  (2019-01-06 23:49:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the regular season, I have to admit that right now I don't know that I care too much about it. Sure, I want the Irish to finish well enough, but unless this team really goes into the crapper (which I do not expect), my guess is once the NCAAs roll around, we will be in good enough shape. I want this team to win a national title. Finally. We've knocked on the door with 4 FFs in the last few years and it's time to win 4 games over the last weekend of March and the second weekend of April. Whether or not we finish 1st in the conference or win the conference title is irrelevant to me in 2019. We've won 7 conference playoff or regular season titles. This time around, we need to win the one thing we've yet to win.

Agreed - that is ultimate goal
by graNDfan  (2019-01-07 08:54:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My Hatred of All Things Michigan sometimes clouds my reasoning....

Can I trademark HATM?