We’ve been a 4 seed at least twice
by DakotaDomer (2019-01-27 16:06:33)

In reply to: 5 of 6 points is good for the conference standings  posted by wearendhockey

So I feel like we’ve been on the right side of the bubble before.

That being said..if last year is any indication...the bubble can burst for a lot of teams

Being a 4 seed is OK with me.
by wearendhockey  (2019-01-29 17:16:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We're something like 6-3 as a #4 seed. It's just that if the conference tournaments roll around and we have not already cemented a spot in the NCAAs, we don't have a track record of playing our way in.

In 2008 we were only 2-3 in CCHA tournament play and still made it in, albeit as the last at-large. I just don't want the team to be 16th, 17th or 18th in the PWR following the last regular season game and find they need to make a run to the conference final, or win the whole thing, just to get in.

If we are 14 or below before the tourneys start
by DakotaDomer  (2019-01-30 09:38:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We will need to win the tourney to get in. The B1G rankings are so bad this year that we’re going to stay the same for wins and lose 3-4 spots for a loss. A loss to OSU in the final would probably put us right where we started 14, 15, etc and that’s not going to be good enough.