Anyone ever try the BTN Plus nonsense?
by Ahoya06 (2019-01-31 14:11:45)

I really want to watch tomorrow night's game, but it's only available through subscription-based BTN Plus? Has anyone ever signed up for BTN Plus? Wondering if it is easy to cancel, and/or if they prorate when you do. I guess it's cheaper when you sign up for a single school package, but they don't have affiliate schools as an option, so to save the $5 I'd have to sign up as a (gulp) OSU fan.

I was annoyed that some of the Hockey East schools did PPV for their games, but at least you could buy them on a per-game basis and not have to worry about a monthly account to cancel? This is really irritating.

We've used NFHS for streaming the state high school track
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-01-31 21:34:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

meet in Wisconsin and it's the same deal - you have to start up a monthly reminder, make the first payment, and then set a reminder four weeks later to kill it off before the next payment is due.

And they will keep charging your credit card each month if
by zahm82  (2019-01-31 19:04:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you don'y cancel the subscription

I would sooner donate to the First Church of Satan
by DakotaDomer  (2019-01-31 17:15:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The money ends up going to the same place anyways

Sometimes, you've gotta make a deal with the devil...
by Ahoya06  (2019-02-01 13:51:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

.....In order to watch some good hockey.

That being said, I think my frugal sensibilities might win out, and it may end up being Darin Pritchett and/or the CHN app tonight.

That IS the First Church of Satan ...
by BIGSKYND  (2019-01-31 17:24:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Satan's actual name, by the way, is Fielding Yost. His right-hand pitchfork wielding gremlin is the morbidly obese Uncle Al, recognizable as an adipose 60-something in a blue and yellow jacket.