A story about our competition this weekend
by DakotaDomer (2019-03-13 12:53:18)

If the B1G hockey conference destroys Gophers hockey forever it will be the first good thing the B1G has ever done.

But holy effing shit this gets worse and worse every time I read about it.

Some factors
by Nodakirish  (2019-03-16 00:30:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Minnesota High School Tournament is huge and was particularly interesting this year. Also the weather was horrible Saturday.
I believe parking has become a problem at the UofM also.
No doubt, the breakup of the WCHA has hurt Minnesota, losing games with North Dakota, St. Cloud State and UMD.
Big city- other things happening. Lack of success hurts a lot

Locals said to me weather was fine on Friday though
by wearendhockey  (2019-03-16 11:51:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and the announced "attendance" was even smaller. The high school tournament has ALWAYS been a big deal and has for years gone up against Gopher playoff hockey. During the last year of the WCHA, Minnesota played before full houses during the opening round and even in bad seasons, like 2011, Minnesota managed to attract 18,600 people to Mariucci to watch them get swept on home ice. I think it is quite possible the formation of the Big Ten hockey conference has knocked the Minnesota program for a loop it will be difficult to recover from.

Wow - I wasn't aware of the decline in popularity. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-03-14 16:32:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wow. I heard it was bad but that photo ....
by BIGSKYND  (2019-03-13 17:10:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

looks like the graphic results of a really bad head-on collision.

Looks like maybe 250 in the stands....Remarkable... *
by Wolfetone  (2019-03-14 10:19:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah - "family and friends" ..
by BIGSKYND  (2019-03-14 11:01:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if I saw that without the added information, I'd have assumed a scrimmage.

This was discussed below,
by Boston Domer  (2019-03-13 15:18:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I'm glad you posted it. It's a smart idea to have two threads on every topic: one for weekdays and one for the weekend.

True story
by DakotaDomer  (2019-03-16 12:08:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For some reason wearendhockey was added to my ignored poster list and I wasn’t able to remove it until today

Im assuming it’s for the same reason I have 30 tagged threads that don’t even exist anymore

Pics or it didn’t happen *
by DakotaDomer  (2019-03-13 19:40:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Trust but verify *
by BIGSKYND  (2019-03-14 09:57:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Eerily similar to the last two decades of ND football. *
by Irish72  (2019-03-13 14:29:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Administrators "as if auditioning for pharma industry"
by jrdjr84  (2019-03-13 13:39:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Great line