That third period was a masterpiece of adjustments.
by wearendhockey (2019-03-23 22:57:33)

Notre Dame completely thwarted PSU almost every single time they tried to break into the zone. They got to pucks in the corners first, and forced PSU to make just enough of an adjustment into their entries that it completely threw them off their game. PSU did not seriously threaten until the period was half over and got by my count two cracks at sustained attack time. It was no small feat because PSU doesn't really change their style of play if they are down a goal. Notre Dame deserves a ton of credit for how they shut PSU down over the final 40+ minutes, but especially in the 3rd period. PSU ended up with about a dozen shots in the final period, but none of them were as dangerous as the first 40 or so over periods 1 and 2.

Yeah, I noticed a distinct difference in D. Loved to
by cbo86  (2019-03-24 11:53:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

see that execution. PSU looked like a different team than it was in first 2 periods. Great coaching and then implementation of plan by players.

Indeed *
by garbageplate  (2019-03-24 11:31:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But Gadowsky’s a genius ..,
by BIGSKYND  (2019-03-24 07:13:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

or so I was told by a couple of posers from Princeton

Amen brother
by oggie  (2019-03-24 00:37:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We were dominated in first and got better each period after. Great jobs team/coaches!

While ND does deserve that credit for the final 40...
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-03-23 23:02:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you are correct it was pretty amazing in the 3rd. We were outskated most of the 2nd. We OWNED that 3rd period! It was a beautiful period of hockey!