Obligatory B1G announcing complaint...
by wearendhockey (2019-03-24 12:14:48)

During the first intermission, Fred Pletch noted that the vaunted Notre Dame defense and Cale Morris, after having given up just 1 goal over the first 3 Big Ten tournament games had now given up 2 goals in just one period, almost gleefully pointing it out. Suck it Pletch. Why didn't you bother to note PSU had given up less than a goal per period over their first 4 B1G tournament games, and we more than doubled that with our two?

At the end of the day we held the league's best power play scoreless, and held the NCAA's best offense to fewer than half the goals they normally score. PSU scored 71 goals in the second period alone. Only 4 other teams had managed a period in the 50s. Coming into the game they had managed at least one second period goal in 33 of their 38 games, including 7 in their previous 4 B1G tournament games. Cale was phenomenal in the second period and the whole team was in the final one.

Standard for these clowns ...
by BIGSKYND  (2019-03-24 13:34:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They need to deal with the fact that we keep their frigging "brand" from disappearing.

And another complaint....
by Indy77  (2019-03-24 12:58:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was unable to see game on live TV. Found replay on BTN. Watched it this morning.

The BTN only replayed through the 2nd period. Searched for another replay on BTN. None scheduled. At that point I figured ND mush have won, because BTN would not rebroadcast an Irish victory.

Immediately visited this site and was rewarded with reading about the W.

F&%k the big 10!

It was showing live on Fox Sports cable on Roku. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-03-24 13:53:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They replayed it through the second period because it was
by KevinPS  (2019-03-24 13:30:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

over after that--the final score being 3-2, why bother showing a goalless third period?

CALE YEAH, Kev! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-03-24 14:46:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Saves vs PSU
by NH74 Domer  (2019-03-24 12:46:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t know the exact number, but I think Morris might be close to 350 saves against these guys over the last 2 seasons. I know that he was credited with over 100 in the two road games we played against them last year. Over 10 % of the shots we faced as a team this year were from PSU.

It’s really amazing when you think about.