Interesting Idea
by Pat85 (2019-03-26 17:49:04)

In reply to: My Ideal NCAA Tournament System  posted by Hunt

I would think at least the first round 2 out of 3 on higher seeds home ice would add to the tournament, but the TV issues raised might limit the number of games/locations covered. Perhaps streaming, even low quality by each of the home teams could be supplemented.

Maybe a Frozen 8 if they went to this, but I suppose another weekend of 2 out of 3 could be manageable and remain viable for profits and TV.

IF they leave the format the same, give the #1 seeds home ice. They can still create the atmosphere of an NCAA Tourney and have contingency plans pre-arranged (if a school lacks a suitable home rink, they need to make arrangements with an alternate site and block dates; block hotels a month out in the likely #1 seed locations; move the opening round a week late and eliminate the off-week between the opening round and the Frozen Four), allowing for even more of the contingencies to be worked out, including tickets and travel for the visiting teams.

IF the Atlantic Conference remains a borderline league, I would also advocate some remedy for a PW26 or higher ranked team stealing a spot (play-in game vs. the highest ranked team left-out , in the same manner the hoops tourney does play-in games).

Replies: