Having watched at least some of all games
by wearendhockey (2019-03-31 00:05:57)
Edited on 2019-03-31 00:06:16

and all of most games I noticed something odd. The ice was terrible, in all four venues, and throughout all 12 games played so far. Bouncing pucks, a ridiculous amount of snow just 5 or 6 minutes into a period, skaters falling constantly for no reason whatsoever, weird bounces that made me think some unknowing rink worker thought pucks were supposed to be heated before games as opposed to keeping them frozen. I've never seen anything like that. I get that at the end of an overtime period in the second game you are going to have awful ice, but the ice was awful to begin with. I heard announcers comment on the surface in at least two of the venues. I wonder why it seemed so poor?

Oh and Melrose and Buccigros suck. That point cannot be overstated. I'd rather listen to the worst of the other three teams light each other's farts than put up with one more minute of either of those clowns. I don't care how little ESPN cares about the niche sports they cover, there is no excuse for having those ass clowns call the prestige games of this sport. God willing, the next time Notre Dame makes the tournament they will be in one of the "western" regions, because these guys never travel further than one of the regions that is closest to ESPN.

Re the quality of the ice
by Mr Wednesday  (2019-03-31 11:35:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I suspect a huge contributor is that the venue has to do a substantial amount of work on the ice to put in the NCAA logos (and cover up the existing logos). I'd bet there just isn't enough time to really get the ice set in the way it should be.

Yeah they have to remove the ice to repain the surface
by wearendhockey  (2019-03-31 18:28:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I have never seen it this bad. We've had good TV coverage now for years and I've generally watched most of the tournament games. This is much worse than normal.

I noticed that they also have a "team" of 2 scrapers ...
by BIGSKYND  (2019-03-31 11:45:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that's half of the group who operates just the barrels and shovels at TD Garden.

Comparable crew size in Providence.
by Mr Wednesday  (2019-03-31 11:53:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One guy with a shovel cleaning each crease. One or two (wasn't looking there so much) in front of the benches.

Frozen Four crews are typically much bigger, and have squeegee type things for collecting the snow instead of relying on shovels.

Melrose mocked ND all game....
by Wolfetone  (2019-03-31 08:18:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Come to Notre Dame and wear golden helmets"

That's because the stupid bastard ....
by BIGSKYND  (2019-03-31 10:47:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

doesn't have anything else to bring to the table. It's why ESPN can't do the NHL. Whenever I've seen that posing clown and his pal Everett trying to talk about hockey, it's limited to Mullet Head giving 'insights" that somebody who's never watched the game could come up with. He's lazy but at least he's an idiot.