February of 2017.
by wearendhockey (2019-04-22 20:42:39)

In reply to: Not I but I understand why other people do that ...  posted by BIGSKYND

It was clearly a "maintenance night." But I bought the ticket to see the Isles play when they were going to be in Ohio on a day I could go, not looking at the surrounding schedule. But I know that's what you get in the NHL, and in the NBA as well, so buyer beware. I do believe that if the schedule was 72 games long and only 12 teams made the playoffs, the regular season would be far more entertaining and teams could afford to take no games off.

Football has an advantage....
by BIGSKYND  (2019-04-23 11:30:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

when you play only 16 or 12, every game matters. Baseball limits who gets in at the end but there's an awful lot of dog food on the table out of 162 games for anybody. During the NHL season I see my share of turkeys but I also see some damn good games every year. The one you picked was probably labeled 3 months in advance - in addition to the slot, Isles-CBJ doesn't wake up the echoes.