When was the last incoming class with only 1 draft pick? In
by zahm82 (2019-06-25 14:31:17)

contrast the Gophers have 7. Its interesting that most of the teams with all the draft picks coming in didn't make the playoffs (BC, BU, MN, Michigan).

I think there has been a genuine and extensive
by wearendhockey  (2019-06-26 12:22:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

change in philosophy when it comes to recruiting for Jackson and the program. He wants the guys who will be here 3 and 4 years. I believe the best team the program has ever produced had 4 draft picks and only one player that had a real NHL career, Erik Condra. He was also young enough coming in that he wasn't drafted until after his freshman season, if memory serves, so coming into ND he was not a drafted player.

I wonder if what you pointed out about teams missing the NCAAs will be a long-lasting trend or just a blip?

My guess is that if they're using space on kids ...
by BIGSKYND  (2019-06-26 13:47:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

who have no intent to stay beyond one year, they're at least in for a rocky ride year to year. If that guy is Eichel, terrific. But that's "semi-generational" talent. BC is encountering this more and more - guys who don't even show on the eve of the season (Milano, Bracca) or who do and then bolt. Wahlstrom fled this past spring and he didn't even have much of a season.

Bank on BC having a couple of one and dones ...
by BIGSKYND  (2019-06-25 16:42:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Boldy and Newhook, IMHO. BU is likely in for the same.