They are going after Artemi
by DBCooper (2019-06-28 16:18:27)
Edited on 2019-06-28 16:19:34

In reply to: Not necessarily ....  posted by BIGSKYND

And it looks like if they are able to get him it will be hard to keep Lee as well. I don’t think they want to give Lee as long a contract as he wants. At his age and the way he plays there is a lot of stats that show once over 30 the abilities immediately fall. I doubt they get Panarin and hopefully Lee gets signed. I hate to lose a captain 2 years in a row.

Eberle was not a priority over Lee, just an easier guy to sign and they desperately needed to sign a winger. Eberle signed for under market so it made it easier.

On Lehner it’s starting to look like he may not stay, which sucks. Doesn’t look like islanders want to give him 5 million. I still expect this to be negotiations but I also thought he would have been signed by now.

Isles also seriously thinking about Marner

So are the NYR ....
by BIGSKYND  (2019-06-29 10:10:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but not necessarily the Bob package. Lehner is a tough decision - he had a great (time-splitting) year but the history makes a long term iffy. On the other hand he's younger than Bob and I'll never be sold on Bob as a top-tier guy. It looked like Playoff Bob had gone away this year - until a couple of games into the second round. Signing Bob also is a risk because Sorokin should be ready next year. Greiss is not a permanent starter IMHO but he's good enough to get to the kid.