Any concerns about Illinois possibly firing up a program?
by G.K.Chesterton (2019-08-20 22:23:18)

How many of our players come from the Land of Lincoln?

Nationally, Illinois produces the fourth-most college hockey players behind Minnesota, Michigan and Massachusetts, but it is the only state among that group without a Division I program. (Lake Forest College and Aurora University have Division III programs.)

Not at all *
by DakotaDomer  (2019-08-21 00:16:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why not?
by DavidAddison  (2019-08-25 08:39:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m not saying we should be trembling in fear but we recruit the Chicago area and undoubtedly would lose a recruit to them here and there.

I don’t see how it could be a plus (other than being an 8th team in our conference), so the only question would be how big of a negative?

Conversely
by DakotaDomer  (2019-08-26 21:28:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It grows the sport in the state and convinces more kids to play college rather than juniors and the increased talent pool offsets 1 or 2 recruits lost.

In addition we have another nearby travel series that doesn’t need to be replaced by a further away trip which saves our energy.

In addition we add another doormat to the conference to help us sharpen our skills and continue to asset our dominance.

In addition we get to tell recruits that they’ll spend time on another actual college campus rather than glorified tiny commuter schools back east.

And then there’s 5-6 reasons it’s bad...but I’m really not worried about it.

Seconded *
by BIGSKYND  (2019-08-21 09:39:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post