What do we know about Sparty? *
by BIGSKYND (2019-11-18 08:54:38)

This user did not provide content for this post

They have a couple of decent road wins,
by wearendhockey  (2019-11-18 12:28:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a season opening win at Northern MI and prior to the recent sweep of UM a 2-0 shutout at Penn State. I know I'd take a split at PSU and NMU has been playing pretty decent hockey.

I watched perhaps half of their 4-3 win against UM. Notre Dame is quicker and moves the puck better. Lethemon is a known commodity in net and he's good enough, but Morris at his best is far better. UM is the worst team MSU has played so far, so they have faced some good opposition.

Notre Dame hasn't really managed to completely shut down anyone's go-to guys, so Khoderenko will probably get a few points on the weekend, but the Irish are not getting beat by some unexpected source. In Wisconsin's 3-0 win Friday night, the 7 guys who got on the score sheet were among their top 8 scorers going into the game.

MSU has only played 3 games at home so far and they dropped the first two, against Cornell, one of now only 2 teams left without a loss (Harvard is the other).

Interesting how this series has flipped almost as completely as possible. Beginning with the first season in the CCHA (1981-82) and continuing through the 2007-08 regular season, Notre Dame and MSU played 52 times, and MSU was 38-7-7 in those games. Included in those totals was a win in the 1982 CCHA final, and another in the 2007 NCAA tournament. Since then though, the teams have met 25 more times, and beginning with the 2008 NCAA West Regional final (a 3-1 ND win, sending the team to its first Frozen Four) Notre Dame is 19-3-3 against the Spartans.

Thanks - I remember (too well) those days ...
by BIGSKYND  (2019-11-18 13:14:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

including the 9 years Abdelkeder was there.