Saw it. I also thought it was quite well done.
by wearendhockey (2019-12-04 13:57:18)

In reply to: Has anyone seen the documentary “The Russian Five”?  posted by 1NDGal

I grew up in Michigan and as soon as my older sister got me into hockey I was a Wings fan. I slogged through the Dead Things era, wondered if I'd ever see a new banner hanging from the Joe Louis rafters the first time I was in the building, and was miserable with each inexplicable failure in the post season in the 1990s (every year from 1991-1996).

When they finally won it all in 1997 it was, at the time, my most enjoyed sports moment by a country mile.
Wings fans got 6 days to enjoy something many of us had waited decades for. Even the Cup win the following season seemed more like something endured than something enjoyed.

The limo driver claimed to have fallen asleep, and while maybe that was true, he was later found to have metabolites for marijuana in his system. He spent a brief time in jail, did some community service and went through court-ordered drug and alcohol abuse counseling. Somehow seemed inadequate for the damage he caused.

Replies: