Remember the good l'days a few years ago when we scored
by zahm82 (2020-01-03 23:43:52)

something like 11 goals on Western Michigan in their building. Times have changed. They kicked our ass the first 2 periods.

What about the other goalie collision later in OT?
by ND740305  (2020-01-04 08:03:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought the puck crossed before Morris was hit. No comment by anyone nor review.

There's still something off with this team
by wearendhockey  (2020-01-04 00:22:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The PSU game was maybe a blip on the radar. They were outhustled and outmuscled for a good portion of the game. I thought they were damn lucky to come out with a tie, and Morris deserves much of the credit for that. The team looked gassed for the final 5 minutes and for the OT. How many times did skaters lose their guy and Western was able to generate great chances? They played better as the game wore on, but for too much of the game WMU appeared to want the pucks more.

I also thought the call in OT was going to go the other way, but I guess the refs thought Morris had no chance to make a save after getting plowed into -- which was correct. (related, I wish they were required to explain their reasoning when they go to the video review)

As for those good old days I'm not remembering a game like that. I remember Lawson was often a house of horrors. Even some of Jackson's better teams lost badly up there.

Lawson's gonna be rocking Sunday afternoon/evening. My son
by other_guy  (2020-01-04 11:33:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

tried to get tickets last week and they are all sold!

We're going, last minute SRO
by montroy28  (2020-01-04 14:13:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My son has a squirt house game in St. Joseph at 3, and we'll be racing over with a teammate and his WMU family as soon as that game ends.

Said WMU family went down to the game from the GR area last night and had a great time... They loved the arena.

Lawson is a great setting too, excited to get down tomorrow.

Carter needs to read the rules more closely ....
by BIGSKYND  (2020-01-04 10:28:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that 3rd period no goal wasn't even a close call. The WMU kid made no effort to avoid Morris, was already headed in, and was not "pushed" into Morris. The NG would have been 10 times out of 10 in the NHL. But then I have issues with some of Anson's "analysis" for NHL games, as well. Morris, by the way, was great last night - especially decisions, rebound control, and tracking. Ironic that the one goal was soft due to bad post integrity. But the rest of the night he was off the charts.