Morris may be back to what we expected ....
by BIGSKYND (2020-01-06 09:15:25)

three excellent games in a row. Let's see if this keeps up but he;s looking good.

Definitely what we've come to expect.
by wearendhockey  (2020-01-06 16:12:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

2 goals in the last 3 games, against good offensive teams who fired 121 shots his way. Plus just one PP goal allowed in the last 9 chances, and even that one was almost meaningless, coming with under 5 minutes left in a 4-0 game.

I'm also starting to see (I think anyway) what you mean when you call his play "quiet" when he's going good. The PSU game, Friday's game and -- I assume -- last night, he seemed very quiet in his play. He doesn't look urgent, or lurching, or committing to early, and he looked like all of that when the team was struggling. Hopefully his confidence will rub off on the rest of the team and they get back to playing like I know they can.

Agree - I don't want to see a lot of "great athletic"...
by BIGSKYND  (2020-01-07 09:47:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

saves - too many of those are reaction goal tending. On most shots I want to see minimal movement on the shot and few rebounds. That goes with solid fundamentals, tracking, and anticipation. On both penalty shots he forced the shooter's hand - exactly what you want.

With U-M coming in, it would be nice to see his game
by other_guy  (2020-01-06 11:22:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

continue . . .

UM looks a little different this year
by wearendhockey  (2020-01-06 16:06:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For many years they were known for a dynamic offense and in recent seasons to struggle in net. But this year they can't score to save their lives and their PP is worse than ours sometimes looks, while they have a goalie who has spent the better part of the season ranked in the top-10 in the NCAA in goals against and save percentage.

I look for two low scoring games.

That's what I need to see ...
by BIGSKYND  (2020-01-06 13:23:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but the early signs are looking good.