Irish up 1-0 after 1st on goal by A. Steeves. OSU on
by zahm82 (2020-01-17 18:49:52)

PP to start 2nd

We go prevent and suddenly 3-2 w/ 6 min left *
by MNND  (2020-01-17 20:11:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even though being outplayed for most of period we
by zahm82  (2020-01-17 19:14:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

are now up 3-0 on goals from A. Steeves (again) on PP and Thiessen

OSU just got robbed of goal on video review *
by zahm82  (2020-01-17 19:22:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He had two skates clearly in the crease way before the puck
by wearendhockey  (2020-01-17 19:33:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

entered the net. From page 60 of the current rule book: "If an attacking player establishes a significant position within the goal crease, so as to obstruct the goalkeeper’s vision and impair his ability to
defend his goal, and a goal is scored, such goals shall be disallowed.

While there is some room for a referee to be subjective, that was the proper call in my opinion. He was so close to Morris, Morris would have had to risk interfering with him to move him out of the way, and that is clearly what the rule is trying to prevent. Goalies need the room to be able to see and play the puck.

I didn't realize the blocking of the goalies line of site
by zahm82  (2020-01-17 21:24:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

disqualified the goal as Morrison was clearly in the crease in one of our earlier goals

The B1G announcers were none too happy about it
by Lloyd Braun  (2020-01-17 19:50:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We're still very much outsiders there.

The color announcer was so hurt by the call I suspected
by wearendhockey  (2020-01-17 20:49:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

there was more to it than a disagreement on the call... he was a four year player at Ohio State.