What is up with Morris?
by wearendhockey (2020-01-25 01:21:30)

He was awful in blowing the lead last week and 5 goals on 24 shots tonight? That and Jackson actually is saying he's playing poorly and he singles out individual players for public criticism about as often as I have date night with Sandra Bullock.

He referred to brain dead plays and the team being an enigma. And as often as he does try to reiterate the team is supposedly keeping together on the bench and in the locker room there is something clearly off with this team that goes way beyond players not having their best seasons.

I think they've checked out. On the nights they score 4 goals they're giving up 5 or 6 or blowing 3 goal leads in the third. On the nights Morris shows up to play they can't find a way to score more than a goal. They're 26th in RPI now and 4 of their wins are against teams ranked 45th or worse. They rarely play a smart, hard, tough 60 minutes. I'd be surprised if they win more than 3 more games all season.

I'm no goalie coach, but He seems to get beat so often high
by zahm82  (2020-01-25 09:54:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

over his shoulders.

Glove side almost every time too.
by OITLinebacker  (2020-01-25 14:39:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If I didn't know any better I would think he has an injury that limits his glove arms mobility. He is otherwise fairly solid but elevate to his glove side and he struggles to track it. The problem is even worse when the shot comes from his right and crosses up and over that left hand shoulder/glove.

Disagree on the analysis for last night ..
by BIGSKYND  (2020-01-25 16:39:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and I have issues with his play but on a couple last night I don't care how fast your glove hand is - you're not stopping those from in close, especially against a shooter like Caulfield (who was a legit 1st round pick and who a lot of scouts figured should go in first 7-8 picks). There were also two he was full-screened on. The ones I'd fault him on were being too slow laterally on at least one (he looked like he was reading pass where there wasn't one available) and I thought he was off his angles on another, although it was a good shot. So he definitely could have played better. But do a diagram showing where all the (non EN) UW goals came from. IIRC, only one wasn't below the dots or below the circle - and that one was a full screen. That's a problem and it's on the frigging skaters. Nobody's holding the house and forcing perimeter shots.

I doubt it's an injury.
by wearendhockey  (2020-01-25 15:52:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's one thing to hide an injury during a game, or maybe even a weekend, but Jackson, the other coaches and the sports medicine staff would be able to sniff out an injury significant enough to limit a player to the point he is playing so poorly. I would be more convinced it might be a mechanical issue or bad habit that formed coming off time missed from an injury.

The raw number falloff hasn't been as bad, but the optics of his struggles remind me of David Brown's Sophomore season with a GAA of around 4 after posting one around 2 with four shutouts as a freshman.