Fan Survey
by Boston Domer (2020-04-06 17:01:05)

I just got an email asking for feedback on the tickets I purchased for Notre Dame hockey. Everything was pretty boilerplate, but it does seem like they want to trial the idea of paid VIP parking asking if I'd be interested in such a service.

Parking for hockey is extremely easy, right?
by DakotaDomer  (2020-04-07 21:34:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can’t recall a tome where I thought the walk was long.

Mostly, yes
by Hunt  (2020-04-08 09:22:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For all but a couple games a year, yes.

But if basketball is home it changes. Or if there is some sort of fencing or swimming big meet and it's also Junior Parents Weekend...or something weird like that, it gets impacted. I probably make about half the home games, I generally like to pull right in to the lot 10-15 minutes before game time, and I'd say I get "stuck" without a spot south of the JACC maybe twice a year.

I've gotten better at figuring out when those games are, and now I just choose to park in the Eddy Street Commons neighborhood on those games. But obviously, many people just think if MBB/WBB is home and not about the combo of other things that can mess it up too.

These were my assumptions
by DakotaDomer  (2020-04-08 12:40:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From my limited experience

I thought they already had that to some degree. Maybe it's
by other_guy  (2020-04-06 19:56:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

just O'Brien's . . .

They definitely do
by Hunt  (2020-04-07 14:45:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you think of the Joyce Lot as divided into three sections E-W, with traffic able to get straight through the lot between them, the third of the lot closest to the Compton is definitely some sort of reserved parking. I can't recall ever getting an option to buy into that, which makes me think that it must be part of the O'Brien's Club STH package...but then again, it's not something I'd be terribly interested in, so maybe I just never noticed it as part of my "regular" STH invoice.

The extra couple minute walk means nothing to me. However, as I do enjoy my pregame beverage or two at The Backer, the only nice thing would be having a guaranteed spot so not having to get there really early on those rare games when MBB/WBB is also home. The walk from the Library Lot is not so fun.

. . . or Bulla North Lot. When they have all kinds of
by other_guy  (2020-04-07 19:35:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

athletic events going on coincidental with each other, it really raises havoc. They ran buses from Bulla Noth to the Compton on a couple of occasions. My son and I opted to make the walk on one occasion, and it became a joke as we arrived ahead of the bus. Of course when the hawk is out, discretion becomes the better part of valor!!!