The Univ of St Thomas added to the CCHA . . .
by other_guy (2020-07-30 20:22:27)

The University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minnesota was granted unanimous approval to join the conference for the 2021-22 season, the CCHA announced Wednesday. The move makes St. Thomas the first Division III athletics program in the modern NCAA era to reclassify straight to Division I.

Very exciting
by NDTommie  (2020-07-31 09:27:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Much like other sports, I think UST is in great position for long-term success. There are 50-60 kids a year from MN that go on to play D1 hockey. Until now, they've only had one option to play in the Twin Cities. Once UST builds a new arena I think it will be a very attractive option for local hockey talent.

Also, in addition to some great conference rivalries, UST can put together an awesome non-conference schedule with the likes of Minnesota, Wisconsin, St. Cloud, etc.

My cousin played for them 4 years
by DakotaDomer  (2020-07-31 06:51:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s still in the twin cities area so I’d imagine normally he’d be excited to go to some sort of event, game, etc.