We are the sultans.
by 1NDGal (2020-08-20 15:52:28)

Wish I could do that!! *
by DavidAddison  (2020-08-24 22:52:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Small nit, that is Solag Bakich
by NDoggie78  (2020-08-21 14:52:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't believe he is any relation to Huntley who played linebacker for Lou.
And was famous (infamous) for getting yanked out of a game by his facemask by 150 pound Lou Holtz - imagine how that would play today.

Hope he handles his stick like his guitar

Ack, my mind went to Huntley Bakich. Solag is indeed his son *
by 1NDGal  (2020-08-21 17:16:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good info, I was at game for the Huntley Bakich mask grab
by NDoggie78  (2020-08-22 15:17:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I guess the uproar was more over the supposed humiliation than whether 150 lb Lou actually hurt him. Probably wrong of Lou, but that was back when coaches were disciplinarians - different age now.

I have heard Huntley speak about it and he laughs, didn't know what the big deal was, joked that you should see practice, and seemed to think the world of Lou. Said Lou later apologized to him and to his mother. Said he is still in contact with Lou.
He had another son play at West Point if I remember correctly