HCA: Start of the hockey season will be delayed.
by G.K.Chesterton (2020-09-10 18:20:24)

That's really about all they said in the announcement.

With hockey, the B1G sneezes, ND catches cold. Hockey has
by other_guy  (2020-09-10 21:41:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

become subservient to whatever the B1G decides to do. Ugh!

As much as I hate the Big Ten
by wearendhockey  (2020-09-11 20:37:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

there really is no other place for the Notre Dame hockey program. Hockey East foes did not interest most Notre Dame fans at all, outside of BC. And the travel was ridiculous, with Notre Dame traveling by plane to EVERY road game, and the rest of the league driving other than half that came to South Bend once a year. The opponents in the Big Ten are the ones the hockey team needs to be playing, even though saying that does make me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

NCHC would be just fine
by DakotaDomer  (2020-09-14 17:40:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The place isn’t selling out for the local B1G teams either

Numbers are up since joining the BIG, though.
by ocnd  (2020-09-14 20:39:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's hockey in South Bend. There is a limit.

Are you saying it's like a prostate exam? *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-09-14 11:30:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a little bit worse.
by wearendhockey  (2020-09-14 15:56:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn't throw up in my mouth the last time I had a prostate exam.

How many B1G trips are bus? MSU, UM, any others? *
by Irish Tool  (2020-09-14 10:56:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All of them are within a one-day drive.
by Mr Wednesday  (2020-09-15 00:23:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

UMTC and PSU are a bit of a stretch at 7.5 hrs (no traffic). The rest would be pretty manageable though, OSU is 4 hrs and Wisconsin is only 3.5 (no traffic).

WI and OSU might also be.
by wearendhockey  (2020-09-14 11:23:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The difference is all of the Big Ten travels in similar fashion, some games by bus, some by short flights, some by longer flights.

And of course I know you're right. It's a lot like Mom
by other_guy  (2020-09-12 09:57:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

making me take cod liver oil; it may be the right thing, but it certainly leaves a terrible taste in your mouth!