NCHC announces 2 season pod-based schedule
by DakotaDomer (2020-10-16 14:09:28)

What do you think is nuts about it?
by elcortez01  (2020-10-20 15:27:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think its a pretty sensible plan. My concern would be on the academic side, but without looking I'd have to imagine most of those schools will be on break during the scheduled Pod games.

It’s not a bubble it’s a petri dish
by DakotaDomer  (2020-10-20 22:21:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And it doesn’t minimize any real threat...they’re playing 10 games in 3 weeks instead of 6. They’re making 1 trip each instead of 2.5. They’re pushing the travel back...a month? Two? Into the heart of illness season.

This reeks of desperation and delaying too long to have a real plan in place. I think they’re just trying to squeeze any games in any way possible but it’s a really crappy band-aid. That short of a period doesn’t show the commitment to making it work the pros had because they can’t/won’t.

I get what you are saying
by elcortez01  (2020-10-21 09:24:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think the opportunity for a true bubble is limited to a few sports at a few levels, like we saw for the NBA and NHL playoffs. This proposed "pod" system seems kind of like what MLB has done, but in reverse order.

Do you prefer what the Big10 (although unless I'm missing it, haven't seen any real details) is doing?