It's early but a good test will be the upcoming games
by wearendhockey (2020-11-22 16:24:55)

In Ann Arbor. We did not look good at all against Wisconsin and Michigan just got done sweeping them in Madison. If we're a better team than we looked like last week these next games would be a good time to show it.

There's still a bit of an up-in-the-air feeling about this season and I'm only thinking there is a 50/50 chance it all gets played. I think it will be very easy to for a team to go completely off the rails if they have a bad start, as focus will be hard to maintain. I also think there is a pretty good chance that this team could find itself looking at that scenario. I suppose we'll see.

Yikes, just read where U-M is outscoring their first four
by other_guy  (2020-11-25 16:47:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

opponents 18-4. Whoa Nellie . . .

I think a split would be fantastic but I'm not optimistic We
by zahm82  (2020-11-22 21:27:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

seem to lack the scorers needed to keep up with Michigan (and many other teams). Our defense better tighten-up in a hurry.

We were talking about scorers & ND hockey.IMO, we seem to
by other_guy  (2020-11-23 10:52:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

come up short in that category. Who do you want to see carrying the puck when the game is on the line? There is no Anders Bjork on the ice, or has been since he left. We need to recruit some snipers . . .

We absolutely need to upgrade our scoring.
by wearendhockey  (2020-11-23 11:38:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Top flight goalies are now commonplace and most college hockey teams are pretty disciplined when it comes to the defensive gameplans. The ones that are going to separate themselves are the ones who can find an extra goal or two on a nightly basis.

I think this year might be kind of an outlier too in that the coaching is going to look a little different as all of the protocols are altered due to covid concerns. Who knows, we may even scramble to replace a postponed weekend with a team we hadn't been preparing for. It happened somewhere in the east this weekend with a game quickly rescheduled after a covid-related postponement. If you're playing a team you have not really prepped for you better have the skaters to make plays.

. . . "skaters to make plays"! 'Nuff said *
by other_guy  (2020-11-23 11:41:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post