Despite a 3 game win streak Notre Dame is still on the outs
by wearendhockey (2022-01-10 13:58:27)
Edited on 2022-01-10 14:00:32

when it comes to Pairwise rankings. I'm a bit surprised. They were 17th after the astonishing loss to Niagara and have only managed to tick up to the 16th spot. It's especially troubling after seeing them take a win and most of a win (as far as PWR math is concerned) on the road at PSU. PSU only sits 7 spots below Notre Dame too, so it isn't like you are playing one of those games where even wins lower your RPI.

I wonder if we finish just outside of a safe PWR spot at year's end would cause the athletic department to take a hard look at the unforgivably soft schedule put together this season. UM just got done playing -- and sweeping -- the defending NCAA champions. Even with the two losses, UMass is still 10th in the PWR. Trade our two horrible home ice losses to RIT and Niagara for home ice losses to a top ranked type team and we'd still be in a safe tournament spot more than likely. There is obviously plenty of time to rectify the situation, and hopefully they put together a nice long winning streak.

I guess the powers that be are happy with where the program is currently sitting. Lord knows they got used to it for the vast majority of the time hockey has been a varsity sport at Notre Dame.

Up to twelve after last night. *
by Radi-skull  (2022-01-15 12:39:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post