I like the optimism
by ndmd99 (2022-01-23 15:57:26)

In reply to: Successful off weekend. Up to 12th in the PWR.  posted by wearendhockey

But I still think OSU is in the driver's seat to win the regular season conf title. We really needed a sweep last weekend to have a chance.

We need to make up ground on OSU and it's not looking favorable. OSU has a much easier road. I think OSU probably ends up ahead of us in B10 standings.

OSU already benefitted from playing Mich in Dec when they were missing big guns (Bordeleau/Power/Johnson). And it looks likely they'll probably benefit again when they play both UMs in Feb (Gophers missing Meyers/Knies/Faber and Mich missing Power/Beniers/Brisson and maybe Johnson).

Irish get to face both UMs at full strength.

There should be a giant asterisk next to OSU if they finish on top of the standings. OSU will play half their games against arguably the 2 best teams in the conference while they have depleted rosters.

I'd rather face OSU in B10 tourney in the semis over either UM. So if OSU is the 1-seed, it might sound weird but I almost rather ND stays 4th. We match up better against OSU. And a road win in the semis would be a big PWR boost.

At the end of the day, I see ND making the tourney. Probably as a 3 seed but outside chance we can sneak into a 2.

Still lots of hockey to be played though. Anything can happen.