Fromer Gopher commit Jake Boltmann says "Hi!"
by ndmd99 (2022-05-22 19:00:41)

In reply to: We get the Gophers grad transfers while they poach our  posted by zahm82

Brinkman is a 4 year starter on a team that went to the Frozen Four last year. He is a great addition.

We've had a good off-season. On paper, it looks like next year we'll have a very good team that will surprise a lot of people. Overall the team looks a lot like the 2017-18 squad (no elite superstar but deep and balanced without many holes).

Blue line will be a strength again. Leivermann and Drew Bavaro bring offense (similar to Gross/Nardella in 17-18). Plucinski/Boltmann/Brinkman are solid/physical/experienced defensive-minded D (similar to Wade/Peeke/Gilbert in 17-18).

Blackmun recently announced he was coming back. Considering the late announcement and his diminished role once tourney time came around, I can't imagine he'll have a bigger role this year. With him coming back, it makes me think either Nelson (probably) or Mastrodomenico may spend another year in USHL (or de-commit to get better ice time elsewhere). I expect it'll be Blackmun/Helliwell/Mastrodomenico competing for the 6/7D slots through the season.