We have ourselves a series *
by knutesteen (2022-05-25 00:40:04)

This user did not provide content for this post

Down to 4 and there’s a Canadian team and a New York team
by DakotaDomer  (2022-05-31 08:41:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What is this the 80s?

Nice to have a goalie like Igor.
by Rick Sanchez  (2022-05-25 08:37:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Never feels like they're out of it with him in net.

Need to win a game in Carolina, though, and the Canes feel like a different team at home. Case in point: Aho had his first away point of the playoffs last night with an assist on their goal. They also tend not to take bad penalites at home v. away.

I have tickets to game six so I'm glad they were able to push the series that far, at least.

He didn’t get much help from his teammates tonight. *
by voidoid  (2022-05-26 22:03:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But he did last night-although he is the difference
by knutesteen  (2022-05-29 09:08:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

between a Game 7 and elimination. Is it not amazing the difference home ice means for these 2 teams, Carolina in particular? A Game 7 is a nice way to end a holiday weekend (for me after working Friday-Sunday). The first goal will be huge.

I have zero faith they’ll show in Raleigh.
by Rick Sanchez  (2022-05-29 12:33:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We’ll see, but the difference in home and away performance in this series is absolutely crazy.

The game last night was a blast, though, and I’d call this post season a resounding success win or lose tomorrow. This was all about getting the kids some playoff experience and they’ve gotten several years of experience in one postseason.

Should’ve had more faith *
by Rick Sanchez  (2022-05-30 22:50:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Top end talent beat a more balanced team
by knutesteen  (2022-05-30 22:56:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Our Rangers have better players at all 3 levels...and we're still waiting for a full Panarin. It's all gravy now for this young team who beat Tampa Bay 3-0 in the regular season.

Maybe Trouba can elbow Vasy
by siegfried08  (2022-05-30 23:05:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kill two birds with one stone.

Maybe, but that would still leave Stamkos, Hedman, etc...
by knutesteen  (2022-05-30 23:15:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A tall order awaits regardless of your feelings about Trouba's aggressive play.

I would call it headhunting play. Did the same thing to
by ndstein04  (2022-05-31 10:51:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Crosby.

And Domi. And Guentzel.
by siegfried08  (2022-05-31 11:04:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But, you know, it's just an accident that chickenwing goes up every time he goes to throw a hit.

Miller is emerging as a potential star.
by voidoid  (2022-05-29 15:40:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Schneider is proving competent at a young age and could easily man the second pairing with more experience. I’m a bit mixed on the “Kid Line” as I think Chytil is a 3C at best, and if asked to predict Kaako’s ceiling I would say Jordan Eberle (not great, not terrible.) Curious to see where Lunkvist will slot in going forward, and what the hell’s going to finally happen with Kravtsov.

Drury did a phenomenal job at the deadline acquiring great pieces with absolutely minimal returns. Copp is probably cost prohibitive but it would be great to re-sign Vatrano and Motte if the cap hits make sense.

Definitely happy with the trajectory.

They should lock him up long term IMO
by Rick Sanchez  (2022-05-29 18:41:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Miller is going to be a stud.

I’d also look for a way to dump Trouba’s contract. He’s not needed anymore and gets paid too much to be a second pairing guy with the young guys in the system.

I’d like to see Copp, Vatrano, and Motte resigned. I hope we don’t give Strome a big deal.

On a scale of 1 to Seth Jones
by Leeroy_Jenkins  (2022-05-31 15:04:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Trouba contract isn't that bad, but my guess is you'd have to sweeten the deal to get anyone to take it.

I'm sure.
by Rick Sanchez  (2022-05-31 15:22:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Rangers could figure it out, but I forgot he has a full NMC until 2024 when he has a partial NTC.

Given all that they'd almost certainly have to retain salary in a trade to a team he'd accept a trade to.

Agree with all of that
by siegfried08  (2022-05-30 23:07:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Miller looks like he’s going to be a legit top pairing guy. Love the three middle six guys you called out too.

That Trouba contract is going to atrocious; one could argue it already is. His possession numbers this year and this postseason specifically are quite bad.

Nope. *
by Rick Sanchez  (2022-05-26 23:57:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A real lackluster effort in response to excellent checking
by knutesteen  (2022-05-27 09:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

by Carolina. Little physicality by the Rangers. Amazing the difference home and away, particularly by Carolina.