Two of tonight's first round NHL draft picks were former ND
by zahm82 (2022-07-07 23:53:39)

commits. One now going to the Gophers and the other to Michigan.

Only 1 ND player drafted (Brennan Ali) and not until the
by zahm82  (2022-07-09 00:04:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

7th round. What a disappointing recruiting haul. The future seemed so bright for this class 1-2 years ago!

Pretty dreadful.....Gets worse every year.....
by Wolfetone  (2022-07-09 08:11:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And nothing is done to improve it.....

This season will be the 18th one with Jackson, Pooley
by wearendhockey  (2022-07-10 12:53:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and Slaggert as the top trio of coaches. Only a handful of programs have had the same head coach since Jackson came to Notre Dame and none of the 5 others in the NCHC or ECAC have had the same assistants for anywhere near that long. I have asked this before, but are things just stale?

I found it interesting watching the conversation that followed Notre Dame's elimination from the College World Series and how we needed a serious upgrade in facilities to be able to retain a top-flight head coach like Link Jarrett. Yes, a facilities upgrade in baseball should be a top priority, but the facilities for hockey are quite literally second-to-none. Yet the record shows we fare no better at the CFIA than we did under Jackson at the Joyce.

In 11 seasons at the CFIA we have exactly the same number of regular season titles, conference playoff titles, Frozen Four berths, and title game appearances (7) as we had in just 6 years at the JACC. At the JACC we won 6 NCAA games in 4 NCAA bids while in the CFIA we've won 7 NCAA games in 8 bids. We get in a tick more often playing in the CFIA, but don't do as well when we get there.

I expect the 2022-23 season to be remarkably similar to the 2021-22 season. We will be around 3rd or 4th place team, probably make the NCAAs but will find it nearly impossible to score more than 1 goal, and wonder why we always seem to see the "hottest" goalie at the worst time.

Yes, things are stale.
by ocnd  (2022-07-12 14:56:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But Jackson is .608 career at ND, where Poulin was .425 and Schafer was .428, so he stays as long as he wants.

He's 67 years old. He's been at ND for 17 years. The last time he won a NC, I was in high school. Now, my kid is in high school.

I'd call that stale. And I'd be fine with a change.